Priorities & Goals
To formalize PHMC’s work in diversity, equity and inclusion, the organization created a set of priorities, anchored on our north star of embracing diversity, fostering equity and achieving inclusion. Within this, we firmly stated our commitment to engaging internal and external audiences in our efforts to eliminate racial and social equity barriers in programs, career pathways, policies and practices.
The organization’s immediate priorities included:
- Partner with external consultants with sound and proven expertise in DEI.
- Review PHMC and subsidiary policies and procedures to eliminate bias and ensure equity.
- Policies include recruitment, hiring and promotion practices, salary review and administration.
- Launch new trainings focused on diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Launch employee engagement workgroups.
- Create stronger pathways to advancement and leadership for people of color.
- Launch a new Supplier Diversity Program to guide the procurement and partnership process.