PHMC's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion work is the foundation of PHMC's Strategic Plan.
While we’ve made great strides, with input and participation from our Board of Directors, external consultants, leadership and employees, we know that this work is ongoing, complex and ever-evolving.
Taking feedback, lessons learned and opportunities gleaned through this work, we have created key DEI strategies for the upcoming year.
- To improve culture by developing stronger organizational trust through articulating commitment to DEI and setting behavioral expectations
- Create an organization-wide educational strategy in order to develop a more culturally responsive workforce
- To improve staff retention and engagement
- Increase staff diversity at all levels
- Ensure equity and inclusivity in external community engagement
PHMC’s reach is wide and its impact is deep, and we’re proud of the organizational focus and commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion as not only a key foundation of our strategic public health mission and work, but as an interwoven element into the fabric, culture and essence of who we are, and how we serve.
Thank you to PHMC’s community – from employees to board members to partners and from employees to board members to partners – for joining us in our efforts to create and sustain healthier communities with an ongoing focus to diversity, equity and inclusion practices.